Sunday, February 6, 2011

Week3_Spreadsheet Apps & Digital Images

So throughout the week I've been discussing my ideas over with many friends and professors. Everyone seems to love the idea which is a very exciting factor for me. If you didn't read the first posting my entrepreneurial idea is to create an app for apple/blackberry/droid that while help better find accessories or matching pieces to certain articles of clothing they would like to purchase. Thinking over the idea I would have to narrow the idea down to which item, from which brands I would involve in the app. I think the best idea would be to do local thrift shops in NYC at first. These store would benefit from my idea because they are smaller store and need publication. This could be great for me because they will probably be more willing to want to be apart of my idea.

To deal with the financial aspects of this idea I would most likely use Excel to make a budget plan. From lecture on Monday I learned that excel is the perfect tool for this because it has formula aspects already built in. This will make it easier to see how much funds I need to start up the idea with cost of having all the clothes in the database, getting the idea out to the public etc. Also from the brief description about digital images we learned I know that for coding of my application I'd be using hexadecimal coding to design the layout and information of the app.

The functionality of the app would be semi-simple. Basically you see a dress you want and then click the app. It would ask you to take a picture of the selection item, it will load and then certain accessories such as shoes, purses, rings etc. to go. Since all the photos will be digital deciding whether or not to use RGB or CMYK will of course be a decision because my entire brand is based online. Future planning of the brand will be fun.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog post! I think the latest development of your idea is awesome, and this is a nice explanation of how the concepts covered in class relate to your idea.

    ReplyDelete