Sunday, February 27, 2011

week6_bit & bytes

Although I can't believe the weeks have gone by so fast my idea has been getting major feedback. I am a magazine journalism major and want to work in the beauty/fashion portion of some major magazines. Of course if you couldn't already tell my entrepreneurial idea reflects this love for fashion. One thing I did take for granted was how although I'd work heavily on the idea aspects/ fashion side I should be knowledgeable in the technological aspects as well.
This week we have one lecture of bit & bytes. Entering class I had no idea what either was & I'm still no expert in it. One thing I did take from it was the idea that having a certain number of bites will be important for the display of how my images are displayed on my app. Saving these images with certain programs will give it certain limitations of colors options due to its bit size. Although this doesn't seem to important the color quality is vital for the app because certain tones go with certain colors and vice versa.
Discussing the idea with other peers I got some good feedback of adding an option of possibly seeing yourself in the clothes, suggestions of make-up & hair ideas, or even possibly seeing the clothes in different tones/colors.

1 comment:

  1. Bits and bytes can seem confusing, but if you always consider it just as a measurement of data it can be helpful. Nice post though!

    ReplyDelete