Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Week5_input&output

Yesterday we had a meeting discussing our entrepreneurial ideas and I got fantastic feedback on mine. One thing that I wanted to touch up about the product is that the electronic device you use, (blackberry, droid, or apple product) you'd need to scan the barcode, once in the app then it would launch you to your options. I'd also like the price to be listed and possibly directions to the store. Most of the stores would be in walking distance within Manhattan/SoHo area to begin with but once expanded you'd be able to select your city. I'd like it to stay to niche boutiques though because there are more jems in these store, which makes it harder to find other unique complements. This hopefully will get more necessity for the app.
I believe one component I could use that was discussed in lecture are RFID chips. If you're not aware of what this is, its a radio frequency identification chip. I could use these for the barcode on the clothing. This would help to transfer easily the directions required to get from one boutique to the next. It will also hopefully keep a very exact number of inventory so customers won't end up walking to a store and the item isn't there. The one issue with this is RFID chips are a very new product so there are some glitches. I would also need to stay alway from an metal pieces because it can effect the efficiency in the chips.
During the lab we used Photoshop and I'm sure for the app I will be using many Adobe products to create the graphical layout of the app. The presentation of the app is very important to the overall success of the idea. I will most likely use Photoshop to make all the products look nicely on the app, by first taking photographs of each then using Photoshop to brush them up a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment