Saturday, March 26, 2011

Week 9_Finale

So I cannot believe its about to be April nor that this project went by so fast. Throughout the passing week my original idea has been slightly tweeked and reworked to become what I think could be a really great app. If this is your first time reading my blog then I'll re-describe my idea.

I created the idea for an app where if you went into certain boutiques in New York City, probably the East Village or Soho, and couldn't find a matching item to a piece you liked, the app would show you compliments based on other boutiques in the area. The barcode would contain an RFID to be able to track where it is and where the surrounding matches are. On the app the compliment would appear with the price showing as well. There will also be direction from one store to the next as well. Discussing my idea with other I thought about maybe expanding and adding how you'd look in the garment without trying it on but I'm not exactly sure if I like that idea becasue it could still look unappealling once you try it on forever.

Overall I learned from this project is that there are many elements to creating a new technological idea but its not impossible. With the world becoming more technology based each day its important to know the basic elememts of the things we are constantly using.

For my peer comments I commented on:

http://jackiegarbuio.blogspot.com/

http://rolandsbrightidea.blogspot.com/
http://soshalize.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. I am not a girl, so this boutique thing doesn't really apply to me but the idea you have I think would be very useful for girls trying find clothes that compliment another piece of clothing at a store. A lot of times it's hard for people to find matching or complimenting clothes at the same stores so having this app would help women immensely in when they are shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this app that you create. I think it can be a really cool app for any smartphones in the future. It will work great for girls like me who enjoy shopping but have no interest in online shopping. The only thing that I concern about is whether this app gives people good advices for fashionable dress collocations.

    ReplyDelete